Yasuní National Park is a UNESCO International Biosphere Reserve in the northern Ecuadorian Amazon rainforest. This is where to come if you’d like a true and full immersion in the rainforest, bugs and all. It is also the best location if you’d like to make contact with larger mammals such as jaguars, ocelots, tapirs and more.
These tourist-class lodges are located down the Napo River from Coca. There are activities every day and you can join any day of the week. Activities include canoeing, hiking, piranha fishing, learning traditional hunting techniques, learning about medicinal plants, birdwatching or even visiting an indigenous community. A three-day excursion will give you a short taste of the Amazon. At TerraDiversa, we recommend five day excursions
into the rainforest for first time visitors to give you enough time to really experience the jungle, as the first and last days will be taken up mostly by travel.
This tour includes
· Transport from nearest airport to lodge
· Bilingual guide (Napo) / Native naturalist guide (Yarina)
· English-speaking guide (Yarina)
· Entrance to Yasuní National Park
· All meals
· Guided excursions
· Drinking water
· Rubber boots up to size 43
This tour does not include
· Airfare from Quito to nearest airport i.e. Quito-Coca-Quito (Approx. $210)
· Personal equipment (rain coat, hiking shoes etc.)
· Additional drinks and food
· Tips and gratuities
· Personal expenses
· Travel insurance
· Any other service not mentioned herein
Please read the packing tips included in our Amazon travel guide
for more information. Some lodges provide certain equipment as part of the price. Please check when you make your reservation.
Sample itinerary (Yarina Ecolodge)
Day 1 - Friday - Arrival & Jungle exploration
Arrival at the lodge. Afternoon visit to the Socali path, which passes through different jungle habitats. It is a great introductory trail to learn about flora and fauna of the rainforest. Dinner and rest at the lodge. Meals included: -/L/D
Day 2 - Saturday - Capybara Path & Tucan Trail
After breakfast hike on the Capybara path, an adventure trail that passes along several swamps. Return for lunch. Afternoon hike of the Tucan trail known for great birdwatching as over 350 species have been recorded in the area. Return for dinner. Meals included: B/L/D
Day 3 - Sunday - Visit Indigenous Family
After breakfast take a motor bike out of the reserve to visit an indigenous Quichua family and learn about their traditions and costumes. Return for lunch. Afternoon blowpipe lesson. Return for dinner. Meals included: B/L/D
|Yasuní Kichwa Ecolodge
* Kids at Yasuní Kichwa Ecolodge under 5 stay for free if sharing with adults.
**National: Anyone with an Ecuadorian Cédula is entitled to national rates. But keep in mind that nationals do need to pay Value Added Tax (V.A.T. 14%) on some services.
*** Kids: Some airlines offer discounts for children and infants on their flights. Please check when you make your booking.
This itinerary is designed to give you an idea of the available options for travel in the Amazon. But keep in mind:
- We can tailor this trip to suit your needs, tastes, time frame and budget
- Every aspect of the itinerary can be modified, from the accommodation to the activities
- Please read our Amazon Travel Guide for advice on planning the perfect trip