This tour includes
· Transfers to/from airport in Lima and Cusco
· Accommodation (1 night in Lima, 2 nights in Cusco, 1 night in Aguas Calientes)
· Train ticket (expedition class) Ollanta – Aguas Calientes and Aguas Calientes – Cusco
· Group excursions
· All meals mentioned in itinerary
· Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
This tour does not include
· Airline tickets
· Travel insurance
· Any other service not mentioned herein
This itinerary is designed to give you an idea of the available options for travel in Peru. But keep in mind:
- We can tailor this trip to suit your needs, tastes, time frame and budget
- Every aspect of the itinerary can be modified, from the accommodation to the activities
Day 1 - Arrive in Lima & City Tour
Arrive in Lima. Airport transfer to hotel from airport. City tour in Lima to take in the main sites of the city including the Paseo de la República, Plaza San Martín, Plaza Mayor, Cathedral and Convento de San Francisco. Overnight in Lima. Meals included: -/-/-
Day 2 - Lima - Cusco
Transfer from your hotel to Lima airport. Flight to Cusco. Once in Cusco you’ll enjoy a tour of the historic town and surrounding ruins, such as Sacsayhuaman, Q’enqo, Tambomachay and Puka Pukara. Overnight in Cusco. Meals included: B/-/-
Day 3 - Sacred Valley - Aguas Calientes
The Sacred Valley of the Incas which was a significant area within the Inca culture. You’ll get the chance to visit the Pisac ruins and market, as well as the Incan fortess of Ollantaytambo, learning about Inca craftsmanship and enjoying the incredible scenery. You’ll then take the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes where you’ll be spending the night. Meals included: B/-/-
Day 4 - Machu Picchu - Return to Cusco
After spending the night in Aguas Calientes, you’ll enjoy a tour of the ancient Incan fortress of Machu Picchu, once a complete and functional city. A World Heritage Site and one of the Seven Wonders of the World, this Machu Picchu day tour will give you the chance to explore its plazas, temples, palace and famous Temple of the Sun. In the afternoon you’ll return to Aguas Calientes for lunch at a local restaurant before taking a train back to Cusco for the night. Meals included: B/L/-
Day 5 - Departure
Transfer from your hotel in Cusco to the airport for departure. Meals included: B/-/-
*A two night extension to Puno & Lake Titicaca
is available on request.
* These prices are during weekends. During the week add $52 single, $43 double and $25 triple.
· Tourist Class Hotels: San Agustín in Lima, Prisma in Cusco, Continental in Aguas Calientes.
· Superior Tourist Class Hotels: Britania Miraflores in Lima, San Francisco in Cusco, Andina Luxury in Aguas Calientes.
· First Class Hotels: Hacienda Miraflores in Lima, San Agustín in Cusco and El Mapi in Aguas Calientes.
· Luxury Class Hotels: Double Tree Pardo by Hilton Miraflores in Lima, Palacio del Inka Libertador in Cusco and La Casa del Sol in Aguas Calientes.